The term ‘Elite Care Services (Southern) Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website.
Terms and conditions
- Elite Care services (Southern) Ltd (hereinafter called “Elite Care”) is an employment business, providing nursing, care and domestic staff to customers in the care sector. Customers agreeing to use the services of Elite Care accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Elite Care are unable to guarantee to fill a temporary vacancy.
- Whilst every effort will be made to provide suitable and appropriate staff, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Any incidences or allegations of incompetence, dishonesty, negligence or shortfall in performance by a member of Elite Care staff must be reported to the Elite Care management within 24 hours.
- Any allegations of dishonesty, negligence or shortfall in performance does not guarantee reduction in invoice, the Elite Care staff member is deemed to be under your direction and control whilst on assignment with you.
- Invoices will be submitted weekly. Payment terms are payment within 14 days of the invoice date. Invoices unpaid within thirty day s of the invoice date will incur interest charges at the Bank of England interest rate plus 8%. Payment must be made by BACS or by company cheque made out to Elite Care Service (southern) Ltd. All costs of recovery through a third party debt collection agency will be added to the balance outstanding once the debt has been passed to the third party.
- You are responsible for arranging adequate and appropriate insurance cover whilst an Elite Care staff member is deemed to be under your direction and control whilst on assignment with you.
- The owners and managers of the establishment are responsible for the health and safety of residents and other occupants and visitors, including Elite Care staff, and indemnify Elite Care against any liabilities, loss or damage in this respect.
- Once Elite Care has confirmed the name of the staff member allocated for a shift, the shift is binding and is treated as payable to Elite Care. If a shift is cancelled within 24 hours, the full amount will be due. If more than twenty four hours’ notice is given, a two hour charge will be due.
- If a client of Elite Care should engage either permanently or temporarily, directly or indirectly, an Elite Care former or current staff member within the relevant period, including after the person leaves the employment of Elite Care, agents charges become payable as follows:Either 6 weeks x 48 hours per week at the standard rates in force at the time,-Or a fee of £2000.00 (two thousand pounds) for care staff and domestic staff or, whichever of the two figures, to be paid prior to the staff member taking up the new position.-Or a fee of £5400.00 (five thousand and four hundred pounds) for nurses and other professionally qualified and registered employees or, whichever is the higher of the two figures, to be paid prior to the staff member taking up the new position.
The relevant period is:
- The period of eight weeks commencing the day after the day on which the staff member last worked for Elite Care at the client’s premises, or
- The period of 14 weeks commencing the day after the day that the staff member last worked for Elite Care at the client’s premises (whichever of i or ii is the longer)
- No account shall be taken of any supply that occurred prior to a period of 42 days during which the staff member did not work at the client’s premises for Elite Care
This provision is as specified in the current legislation.
- “staff” being subsequently employed by, not only the “customer” but any associated companies, are still bound by the clauses set out in the terms and conditions.
- Any time sheet signed by any member of staff employed or otherwise on the duty for the “customer”, by signing a time sheet binds the “customer” to these terms and conditions throughout. Signing a time sheet confirms the customers’ acceptance of variation to the terms and conditions as notified in writing.
- When a temporary vacancy is filled, the customer will be invoiced for the booked vacancy in full, even if the temporary worker is sent home early by the customer, or an Elite Care member of staff arrives on duty and is told they are not required.